POSITION: HARDSCAPE GENERAL MANAGER
COMPANY: AJK LAWN
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Skilled worker in hardscape industry - minimum 4 year experience
At AJK LAWN we believe in providing an investment in the lives of our clients by creating lasting and positive impressions. Running through our organization is a strong sense of obligation to create work that is both, honest and original. This is our purpose – and why we exist as a company. Together, we wish to amount to a reputation that is backed by our performance. We operate with the belief that process and collaboration should be as exciting and fun as the end result.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Direct activities of three team leads who perform duties such as Asphalt paving, pave uni, retaining walls, drain sewage installations, and snow removal
Monitor multiple residential and commercial properties to ensure that instructions and design plans are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
Execute operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety according to sante et securite norms.
Schedule work for crews depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability and weather conditions. (through the use of proprietary software)
Confer with other managers to coordinate work activities with those of other departments.
Read, understand and follow work schedule.
Diligently inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards and contract requirements.
Train and coach both skilled and unskilled employees regarding consistent maintenance techniques in accordance with ccq requirements.
Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
Oversee heavy machinery, truck and trailer service, repair and inventory.
Conduct weekly reports using in house software.
4+ years of landscape maintenance, design, and construction experience.
Valid Quebec class 5 Driver’s License.
Sound judgment and critical problem-solving skills.
Attention to detail, high energy and mentoring skills.
Excellent time management skills.
Ability to work outdoors and lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
Must carry valid sante securite ccq certified cards.
Must be capable of operating heavy machinery (skid steer, excavator, snow tractors)
Expert level knowledge of best-practices regarding asphalt paving and hardscape construction.
Field service/sales representative (FSR)
AJK Lawn Care Services is a customer service oriented landscaping firm based in Laval. Whether creating a new landscape, renovating an existing one, or simply maintaining current surroundings, AJK Lawn will translate ideas into a plan that will showcase any property's natural beauty by generating ongoing curb appeal.
AJK Lawn is looking for part time marketers with a possibility of permanent part-time position into the summer as a lawn care specialist.
- Collect warm leads through door-to-door communication using proven sales techniques
- Communicate with management to assist the sales teams with quarterly goals
- Distribute postcard flyers to potential customers
- Call prospective customers to secure contracts
- The ability to approach clients, create a prospect list and sell our services
- Excellent bilingual (ENGLISH/FRENCH) verbal communication skills
- Previous sales experience (preferably in ‘on the field’ sales)
- The ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a small team
- The capacity to be well organized and independent
- Maintain punctuality and regular attendance to team meetings
- Previous door to door experience
- General understanding of Laval area
- Reliable form of transportation (travel by car is required in Laval)
- Ideal candidate will have previous sales experience in the home renovation sector
Compensation is awarded per warm lead collected and for every secured sale. Daily bonuses are given to top performers. Overall salary is dependent on skill and speed.
* Hours range according to availability
* Interviews begin immediately
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment, along with a brief description as to why and how you fit the qualifications of this job.